You may have heard by now that I have officially kicked off my campaign for the U.S. Senate by beginning my 422-mile walk across Pennsylvania, from New Jersey to the Ohio border. I’m doing this because I believe, as Scout recalls in To Kill a Mockingbird, “You never really know a man until you stand in his shoes and walk around in them.”I want you to know that this Monday and Tuesday, March 9th and 10th, I will be traveling by foot through Chester County in my walk to earn the people’s trust.Our events in Chester County will be focused on womens’ issues and munufacturing, and I invite you to join me for either or both of these event at the locations and times listed below. I would also be honored if you would physically walk with me for any portion of my trek through Chester County. My route and timeframes are also below. If you can’t walk alongside me in person, please consider pledging $1 for each mile of this leg of the journey — please see the map below for a view of the route I will be walking.
- At 10AM in Kennett Square, I will be holding an event on women’s issues at Crosslands Community located at 1660 East Street Road.
- After the event, I invite you to walk with me. I will be walking 11 miles from Exton Square Mall to Gateway Park, 8 U.S. 30 Business, in Coatesville via Pottstown Pike and U.S. Route 30.
- Walk across state with me: Click here chip in $11, a dollar per mile walked today.
- At 10AM in Coatesville, I will be holding an event at Gateway Park on manufacturing. Gateway Park is located at the intersection of routes 30 and 82.
- After the event, I invite you to walk with me. I will be walking 16 miles from Gateway Park to Paradise in Lancaster County via U.S. 30, exiting Chester County via Parkesburg.
- Walk across state with me: Click here chip in $16, a dollar per mile walked today.
I ask your support to bring back trust, through accountability, to the U.S. Senate. I hope to see you at Hope United Methodist Church on Sunday. Please also consider walking with me either in person or in spirit through your donation.
I’ll see you “on the road!” Warmly,